As a software engineer, you will be part of a team of developers. An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of networking and VoIP protocols (SIP/RTP) a strong background in software development and experience with systems level programming on open source operating systems (Linux/FreeBSD).
- Develop and maintain a highly available and scalable voice platform.
- Collaborate with product owners and QA to deliver new services and features in the voice platform.
- Contribute to the creation of documentation outlining the design and features in the voice platform.
- Ongoing research into new communication technologies.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- 3+ years of C/C++ experience
- Additional Languages: Bash/Sh, PHP, Python
- Minimum 3 years of experience with voice over IP protocols (SIP/RTP) and other real-time communication protocol
- Familiar with open source VOIP applications such as Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, and OpenSIPS/Kamailio
- Deep understanding of networking protocol experience (IP/TCP/UDP).
- Experience with Postgresql, Mysql, mongoDB or other databases.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with development on Linux or FreeBSD.
- Knowledge of the building, patching, and integration of open source projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / engineering
- Experience with agile methodology
- Highly motivated and creative individual
- Experience following software development best practices